Sole Focus

News, Views, Rantings & Ramblings by Carey Parrish

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thursday's Flashback

Once upon a time, every Thursday night, I was ensconced in front of my TV every week at 10:00 p.m., tuned to CBS, because it was time for Knots Landing. I loved this show. It is one of my favorites and I still enjoy catching it in reruns now and then. I remember the very first episode of Knots Landing in 1979. My mother and I watched it. Hard to believe it's been thirty years ago now. I watched this show every week, without fail, until it went off in 1993. Hell, I can even remember when Gary and Valene lived at Southfork with the rest of the Ewings. That's how much of a fanatic I was about it.
Everybody it seems has their own favorite episode or scene from KL. I am hard pressed to name just one myself. I have a slew of them but I suppose one of my all time faves is the final scene of the series. Aired on Thursday, May 13 1993, this was the last of Knots Landing, save for that great 1997 reunion, and I still enjoy this scene. So it seems only fitting that this is Thursday night and I am now watching Survivor but remembering the good old days of KL.
Here it is. The last scene in this classic, third longest running series in history. Enjoy!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home