Sole Focus

News, Views, Rantings & Ramblings by Carey Parrish

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Saturday's Flashback

I'll never forget it. 1983. I was on my way home from school and I was listening to KZ-106 out of Chattanooga. Back then KZ-106 was the only thing to listen to. The DJ was a guy named Jammin' Jay Scott and I was toodling down Riverbend Road, in my banana yellow Mercury, when he suddenly announced: "And here is a new song from the legendary Tina Turner." This is the song that followed; her big comeback number. And I knew from the moment I first heard it that it was going to be huge...and so was she.




Fun, eh?

C

2 Comments:

Blogger AlanChinWriter said...

I LOVE TINA, and that was one of her best. Thank you for sharing that, Carey.

Alan Chin

May 2, 2009 at 5:22 PM  
Blogger Carey Parrish said...

And thank you, Alan. Tina Turner is perhaps my all time favorite singer and that Barcelona concert was just SENSATIONAL.

May 2, 2009 at 5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home