Sole Focus

News, Views, Rantings & Ramblings by Carey Parrish

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday's Flashback

Okay, I admit it. I'm a succar for the divas. I just can't help it. One of my favorites is Cher and I remember watching her on TV from the time I was a small child. She has been around for so long and she still looks so wonderful. Plus she has had the most amazing career of any entertainer I can think of. Grammy winner, Oscar winner, Golden Globe winner. Actress, singer, variety show host. This woman just has it all and she continually evolves with the times to remain contemporary with each new generation that comes along.

Back in 1989, when she released her platinum album Heart of Stone, I bought it and listened to it so many times that I could practically sing along to every song on the whole LP. Even though "If I Could Turn Back Time" was her mega hit from this project (and who could ever forget that video?!), and "Just Like Jesse James" rose into the top ten right on its heels, it was the album's title track that really got my attention. This became a top twenty hit and it remains, in my humble opinion, one of the best songs that Cher ever recorded and is one of the most exciting vocal performances of her entire career. The video was just sensational too. So sit back, kick your shoes off, and let yourself drift back two decades to this masterpiece...




Nice one, eh?

C

2 Comments:

Blogger Eric Arvin said...

Diva!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 4, 2009 at 4:00 PM  
Blogger Carey Parrish said...

Ha Ha! Love it!

May 4, 2009 at 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home