Sole Focus

News, Views, Rantings & Ramblings by Carey Parrish

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Sunday, February 26, 2012

My Oscar Predictions for 2012

Every year, like so many other countless writers, I post my Oscar predictions. I am usually either right on the money or terribly close. (Ha Ha.) So this year, it may be a bit late, but here they are; Carey's picks.

Best Picture - The Artist. (I foresee no possible upsets.)

Best Director - Michel Hazanavicius for The Artist. (Possible upset by Woody Allen for Midnight in Paris, but I don't really see it.)

Best Actor - Jean Dujardin for The Artist. (Possible upset by George Clooney for The Descendants, but George already has an Oscar.)

Best Actress - Viola Davis for The Help. (Possible upset by Meryl Streep for The Iron Lady, but lets face it, Davis' performance was superb.)

Best Supporting Actor - Christopher Plummer for Beginners. (Possible upset by Max von Sydow for Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close; big chance of this.)

Best Supporting Actress - Octavia Spencer for The Help. (I foresee no upsets in this race, unless Janet McTeer pulls a fast one for her performance in Albert Nobbs.)

Okay...Lets see how I do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home