Sole Focus

News, Views, Rantings & Ramblings by Carey Parrish

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Superb Saturday



With snow falling outside, warmth inside, and presents opened, Christmas has officially arrived. This holiday is supposed to be a remembrance of the birth of Jesus in Judea over 2000 years ago, but in the past century it has become as much of a family oriented celebration as anything else. Holiday songs, classic television specials, weeks of planning, spending too much money, cooking, and families spending it together, whether people are Christian by faith or not, Christmas has come to mean so much more.

My favorite thing about Christmas when I was growing up was going to my grandmother's house on Christmas Day. The whole family would be there and more food than you'd ever see anyplace in the year was on hand to be enjoyed. Granny always made it so special and her house was decorated to the nth degree. This was her favorite time of the year and having all the kids and grandkids home was what made it so for her. Since she's been gone our entire family hasn't gotten together like that anymore; each of the kids does his or her own tradition now at Christmas with their own respective families. But sometimes I feel nostalgic for those old Christmases past. I get little misty eyed at the thought of it.

Dionne Warwick is one of my favorite singers and her rendition of It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas always makes me feel good whenever I hear it. This video from You Tube showcases some of the best holiday scenes ever shot and set to Dionne's holiday tidings it just gets you in the mood. For Christmases passed and Christmases future, Happy Holidays to all and my love as well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home