Sole Focus

News, Views, Rantings & Ramblings by Carey Parrish

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sunday's Flashback

You might as well say I'm a succar for 70's TV. I have to admit that I loved it. Back in the day, I would watch as much TV as I could and I thoroughly enjoyed every one of the shows that I devoured. Sunday nights were no exception. This was before we had cable. All we had was our aerial antenna and we got three channels, all out of Chattanooga. CBS, ABC, and NBC. You could get PBS on a clear day and if you turned the antenna south you'd get a grainy picture from the Atlanta stations; so we stuck to the ones we got the best.

I digress. Sunday nights were good for TV back then. Especially the shows that made the leap from the 70's into the 80's. I remember the Sunday night CBS lineup well. All In The Family, One Day At A Time, The Jeffersons, and Alice. Alice was one of my favorites. It had Flo and she was the life of the party. Until she got her own spin-off, and I won't go there, but this was when TV shows had those great theme songs and I knew the ones to my favorites by heart. I can still song most of them! Alice had a great theme and it was fitting for a great show. Linda Lavin, Vic Tayback, Beth Howland, Philip McKeon, Diane Ladd, Celia Weston, and of course Polly Holiday. How could you not love a cast that included, at one time or another, the folks who graced this one.

So this is one of the ones that I can still sing happily and hit every note. Ha ha. By the miracle of You Tube, consider it shared. Enjoy.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home