Sole Focus

News, Views, Rantings & Ramblings by Carey Parrish

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Or Do I?

I don't belong here.
Or do I?

If I left
Where would I go?

I don't have anyone
Anywhere else.

Although really I do.

I feel comfortable here.
But I could be comfortable there.

Whereve there is.

My dreams aren't rotting
Like fruit unpicked on a vine.

Why am I insecure?
I should be happy.

But I am happy.
Aren't I?

Do I know happiness?
What it feels like?
How it satisfies?

I think I do.
I think I have.
I think so.

Maybe I do belong here.
Or do I?

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Ballam said...

Beautiful! I have a blog post formulating along a similar feeling.

April 28, 2012 at 7:15 PM  
Blogger Carey Parrish said...

Thanks, Jeff. I will look forward to reading yours.

April 29, 2012 at 2:49 AM  
Blogger Sandra Moore said...

You do, you find yourself within your heart. For all that you do, where ever you are. Peace, love, joy, is always found within your soul. You are a good man Carey. You have come a long long way from MySpace. Congrats!

May 10, 2012 at 1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home