Sole Focus

News, Views, Rantings & Ramblings by Carey Parrish

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tuesday's Flashback


The biggest hit of Chaka Khan’s solo career, I Feel For You was also one of the biggest hits of 1983. The song hit a nerve with listeners, becoming a radio favorite, and making dance clubs jump like mad. Its groove just won’t stop as it still rocks fans over twenty-five years later.

Chaka Khan first rose to prominence as the lead singer of Rufus in the 70’s. With hits like Tell Me Something Good, Chaka already had a devoted fan base by the time she hit the charts in such a big way with I Feel For You. She also wrote and recorded songs like I’m Every Woman, that would later become one of Whitney Houston’s biggest hits. Chaka is a powerhouse unto herself.

I still love this song and whenever it plays I feel like I’m sixteen all over again. I just can’t get tired of it, and thankfully neither can millions of others out there. Reaching #3 on Billboard’s Hot 100, it went gold and the video spun like silk all across television. It still looks and sounds as good as ever. People just can’t be still when this one plays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home