Sole Focus

News, Views, Rantings & Ramblings by Carey Parrish

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Monday, December 13, 2010

Marvelous Monday


When I first heard that Rod Stewart was going to duet with Dolly Parton on one of his Great American Songbook albums, I was mildly amused. After all, they aren’t a very likely duo and I was prepared to dislike whatever song they chose.

Then I heard Baby, It’s Cold Outside and the genius of this pairing was undeniable. I was instantly won over and this song has become one of my favorites. A popular radio treat this time of year, Rod and Dolly really brought it home. Their singing is pristine and they complimented one another much better than I – or anyone else – thought they ever would. An instant classic, this one is a delight every time you hear it.

This video clip, constructed from various pics of these two legendary performers, may not be as exciting as a live recording of them singing the song together, but it suffices quite well. Rod Stewart and Dolly Parton, what a combination!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home