Sole Focus

News, Views, Rantings & Ramblings by Carey Parrish

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sunday's Author

For many years Clayton Littlewood was the propietor of a popular London boutique called Dirty White Boy. His customers were everyone from the ordinary to the famous. In between sales, Clayton would sit in his shop window and watch the people go by on the street outside. Friends, strangers, they all caught his fancy. And he wrote about them. What started as a blog to pass the time soon became a bestselling book called, fittingly, Dirty White Boy: Tales of Soho. Now the book is a hit play and Clayton is one of its stars. Touring London and the UK, the show has been hailed as genius.

Clayton and I first became acquainted through mutual friend Arthur Wooten. I interviewed Clayton a couple of times and we became good pals. It's always a delight to get an email from him. For someone who has such a talent at sharing the lives of the people in his life I can only imagine what a thrill it must be for Clayton to see his work become so successful for the masses. Having read and reread his book, I now plan on seeing the play myself one day. I'm always delighted to share his talent.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home