Sole Focus

News, Views, Rantings & Ramblings by Carey Parrish

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thursday's Author

In the past few years, I have been extremely privileged to become friends with some of the finest writers on the literary scene today. One of the most successful and prolific is Rick R. Reed. When I first met Rick he was living in Chicago and he had already written such popular books as Possessed and Face Without A Heart. Since we became acquainted he has continued to pen one hit after another. Novels like IM, Mute Witness, Bashed, the award winning Orientation, and most recently the gay romance Tricks have established Rick as a force to be reckoned with indeed. Currently living in Seattle with his partner and their terrier Lily, Rick is always working on a new thriller to keep his fans enthralled and turning pages long into the night. His books are available from major booksellers everywhere.

Rick is also a loyal friend who is always there to offer his support in any way he can. Like so many others, I am lucky to consider him a part of my life. If you haven't already enjoyed one of his many works of fiction, you're missing out on something special. Rick can be found online at http://www.rickrreed.com/, Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter, as well as his official blog rickreedreality.blogspot.com. When asked why he writes he replies: "I do what I do because I have to. I have no choice. It's like being gay...or being human. It's immutable. I couldn't stop writing if my life depended on it."



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home